Another corn salad! This is a slight variation on last week's corn salad recipe, but different enough that it warrants it's own post. My friend Paula introduced it to me, and it was love at first bite. The addition of the avocado gives it a nice hearty but healthy creaminess, while the dressing and cilantro add a fresh bright flavor.
- 4 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 cup of halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Steam the corn in a large pot until just tender but still crisp, about 3 min. Cut from cob with large knife.
- Whisk together the oil & vinegars, adding the onion.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss to mix well.
Here's another variation: Corn Salad with Beans & Avocado.