Another quick, easy, delicious recipe favorite here! This is a variation/combination of two corn salads I've posted before- the corn & avocado salad and the fresh corn salad. Very easy!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 3 large ears sweet corn
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium avocado, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- ~1 Tbsp lime juice, fresh
- Sea salt to taste
- Shuck & steam the corn until just tender- let boil for about 3 minutes. Remove & rinse with cold water. Let further cool.
- Remove the corn from the cob by slicing off in strips using a large knife.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, beans in large bowl and add oil, salt, and lime juice; toss lightly.
- Add fresh herbs just before serving.
I actually did not have black beans, but think they would go nicely with this dish; instead, for protein, I added in about a cup of chic peas when we ate this. It's a versatile base dish that you can do a lot with!