These delicious cookies cut back on the fat without compromising on taste by substituting banana for some of the butter. The original recipe these come from is called "vanishing" for a reason... they are so tasty it's hard to keep them around!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick margarine or butter, softened at room temp
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package of chocolate chunks
- 1 large Banana
- Heat oven to 350°
- Beat together in a large bowl: Butter, banana, and sugars until creamy
- Add eggs and vanilla to the large bowl & mix well
- Mix together in a small bowl: Flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the flour mix to the ingredients in the large bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in oats (and raisins if using original recipe).
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Want a holiday version? Try using the original recipe but with dried cherries or cranberries and white chocolate chips.