I love succotash because it is so easy to make, and pretty quick too. Recently I altered my traditional succotash recipe to a more Mediterranean-themed dish. It was great! Here's what I did:
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 can of cannelini beans
- 1 package frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 clove garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Briefly rinse the frozen vegetables and can of beans.
- Mince the garlic clove. Using about 1 Tbsp of oil from the sun dried tomatoes, heat the olive oil and garlic in a large saute pan. (Using the jarred oil helps add that Mediterranean flavor, but if you are using packaged sun-dried tomatoes not in oil- rather than the jarred in oil kind- you could always use regular olive oil and add extra spices).
- Add the artichoke hearts and corn, and cover for about 5 min on medium heat to thaw.
- Add the beans and tomatoes, and simmer for about 10 additional minutes until well heated.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, and just prior to serving, sprinkle with fresh basil.
Great for leftovers too!