Friday, July 8, 2011

Vegan Month

I've been wondering for a while just how difficult it really would be to go full-on vegan, so I thought I'd give it a shot for month. July is my vegan month! So far, so good- I'm just over a week in, and while it's definitely much more limiting than being vegetarian, I do appreciate taking a step back and really thinking about what I'm eating. Instead of grabbing a yogurt or some cheese & crackers for a snack, I'm eating raw veggies. Instead of ice cream for dessert, I'm having fresh fruit or mandarin oranges. It has been a little challenging one or two nights when we've been out, but I think I definitely don't have it so hard in the Bay Area of California, where almost everywhere you go has vegan and vegetarian options.

But I'm ready to start branching out a bit more from my usual salads and stir-frys, and have been searching for some vegan recipe sites. Here are some I've come across that seem like good ones:
There are so many! Click here for a complete list, compiled by Healthy Happy Life. And this site is also great for, well, finding vegan stuff: http://www.findingvegan.com/

Suddenly I'm inspired to make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!