I saw this gorgeous salad on Finding Vegan the other day, and just had to try it. I have to admit, I actually don't like papaya all that much- I think it's kind of tasteless and doesn't have the best texture. BUT, this salad changed my impression.... mint, lime, and maple syrup to the rescue! (Ok, actually, I used agave syrup rather than the original recipe's maple syrup, but the taste is very similar). Here's my take:
Recipe adapted from The Family Kitchen's post.
Makes approximately 5-6 cups.
- 1 medium papaya cubed (remove the skin & seeds)
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 sliced yellow peach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 limes
- 2-3 Tbsp fined chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp agave (or maple) syrup
- Chop all the fruit and the mint. Zest 1 or both limes.
- Place the papaya in a bowl and toss in the agave syrup. Juice the limes and add that to the papaya mix.
- Add the rest of the fruit, the mint, and most of the lime zest, and toss gently.
- Garnish with the rest of the zest!