Need a Memorial Day recipe? Fresh corn salads make for the perfect summer dish for pot-lucks, picnics, or easy light dinners. I've posted a few other variations before, but here's another one that might just be my new favorite!
I love dill. It's just such a flavorful, fresh herb, and makes for an easy way to add great taste to salads.
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seed oil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Place the corn in a large pan with a few inches of water and steam about 3 minutes on each side. Allow to cool.
- Slice the corn from the cob, cutting in large slices. Place in a large bowl and add the oil; gently toss to mix. Add the tomatoes, herbs, and salt and pepper, and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- As is, as a side dish.
- With tortilla chips as a "dip."
- On top of a bed of greens.
- Mix with avocado, hummus, and spinach- makes for a yummy meal!