- 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. rosemary, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Drain the can of beans and transfer to a bowl. Mash the beans (using a potato masher works well)
- Add the flour & yeast and mix well.
- Chop the onion, garlic, and rosemary, and add to the mix.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Form into burger patties (mix will make about 6-8)
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp olive oil in pan and cook the patties about 5-6 min each side, until browned.
The rosemary adds such a nice flavor! And I love cannellini beans. But when I made these I couldn't find nutritional yeast, so I just used regular yeast. Because I wasn't sure that was right, I added less of it. Neither of those mistakes helped- the burgers still tasted pretty good flavor-wise, but were a little too mushy in the middle. I think making the patties fairly thin will help with that, and, of course, sticking to the recipe ;-)
For the sweet potato fries, I used my spiralizer to create the slightly thicker than shoestring curls of sweet potatoes, tossed them in some olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and put them in a 400 degree oven for maybe 20-30 minutes. If anyone has suggestions on how to make the perfect baked fries (that come out crispy and not burned), I'm all ears- mine could be a little crisper.