Recipe adapted from Lux Hippie's Bitchin Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz tempeh cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, brown sugar, red pepper, and salt, and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss until well coated.
- Spread on large baking pan and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
YUM!Roasting always gives veggies a wonderful flavor, but the sauce in this recipe adds so much to it - slightly sweet, slightly tangy, with a tiny kick from those red pepper flakes. It all blends so well. A new, easy dinner fave!
Thanks to Mandi from Lux Hippie for this kick-ass recipe!