Ingredients: (serves: 2)
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes - finely chopped (buy the olive-oil pack)
- 4 tsp oil - can use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion or shallot - finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves - minced
- 1 cup (canned) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups spinach - coarsely chopped (fresh spinach is best)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts or chopped blanched almonds (optional)
- Increase heat to medium and add oil. Cook the onion and garlic about 4 or 5 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas, dried tomatoes, 2 tbsp. water and pepper. Heat through.
- Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until spinach is just wilted.
- If adding nuts: Toast nuts in ungreased skillet over low heat one minute, stirring to avoid over browning. Remove and set aside, add to dish when finished and ready to serve.
Nutrition information (per serving):
344 calories, 14g protein, 17g fat (7g polyunsaturated- the good kind of fat!; 6g monounsaturated; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat- the really bad kind of fat!), 41g carbohydrates.