I've been traveling for work and it's been crazy busy, so just a quick post... had to try my own version of Happy Healthy Life's sweet potato burgers. I added more veggies and they were completely satisfying, delicious, and a snap to throw together- even for the busy working types!
Recipe adapted from HHL's Easy Sweet Potato Burgers
For 4 burgers
- 1/2-3/4 can white cannelini or butter beans
- 1 sweet potato (to use enough for about a cup mashed)
- 3/4 cup cauliflower, chopped into small pieces and steamed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp oats
- 1/2 tsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning, or Spike
- Sea Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Optional other veggies: a few spoonfuls of steamed edamame, corn, and/or mushrooms
- Optional: bread crumbs
- Bake the sweet potato until tender, then allow to cool enough to peel. (*Since I was adding steamed cauliflower to the recipe, I reduced the amount of sweet potato, and used only about 1/2 of a large sweet potato.) In a large bowl, mash the potato, beans, and cauliflower together. Add in the spinach while the potato & cauliflower are still warm.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients besides the edamame and/or corn (if using), and stir until combined. Then add any other veggies using, and form 4 balls. *If needed, you can add more wet (ie, mashed sweet potato, cauliflower, beans) or dry (oats, flour) ingredients if your consistency isn't slightly moist but firm enough to hold together.
- If desired, roll in bread crumbs or additional oats, and then flatten into a large patty.
- Heat some olive oil or earth balance in a pan and cook the patties until browned on each side.