Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easy Soba Noodle Stir-Fry- and a BIG weekend!


Sometimes work takes over life. It happens. This week has also been thrown off a little by what's going on this weekend- more on that later...  While I usually have pretty good work-life balance, that's not always the case. But that's when quick, healthy meals are the perfect option. This one, which comes from my sister-in-law, is one of those meals, and it features an ingredient I totally love: soba noodles. They rock. Buy some, throw 'em together with some veggies, and you have yourself one yummy little meal. 


Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces Soba noodles
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1 and 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup carrots, sliced
  • 1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
  • 1 cup shelled edamame, defrosted if frozen
  • 1 and 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Steps:
  1. Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions (about 10 minutes total time).
  2. In a wok, heat the sesame oil. Add the garlic and saute for a minute or two. Add the veggies with a little water and the soy sauce, and steam until tender.
  3. Mix together the noodles and veggies, adding additional soy sauce if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.

So what's with the exciting weekend? Well, after over 4 months of training, I'll be running my third ever marathon, Big Sur, bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm excited and nervous all in one! (It's been 8 years since I last did a marathon.) What will I be eating for my pre-marathon, vegan meal? Probably taking it pretty simple, a version of the above but your basic pasta and veg for dinner and some power-packed oatmeal in the AM. Nothing fancy or new! After the race, my husband and I are taking a little vacation to Mexico, where I expect to lay on a beach and just relaaaaaaaax...... I'll be back from Mexico with tales from the race, vegan post-marathon food, and more....

Adios, see ya on the other side of 26.2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!