This dressing is so sweet & light, I love it. The soy sauce, agave, apple cider vinegar, and sesame oil add great flavor to the rest of the ingredients. And I altered the original recipe to make it lower-fat, too! This would go great on an Asian noodle salad, either as pictured above with shaved Daikon radish "noodles," and pea shoots, or with soba noodles and veggies.
Recipe adapted from Vegan Yum Yum's Sesame Soy Dressing
Makes about 3/4 cup- plenty for many salads!
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger, or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Package of tempeh, sauteed in cubes until brown
- Soba noodles
- Pea shoots
- Daikon radish and carrots
- Baby spinach
- Whisk together all ingredients but the oil & sesame seeds. Once well mixed, add in the oil, and whisk very well.
- To serve, drizzle about a Tbsp over your salad or dish, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.