Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Liebster Love

As you may have noticed, I've been updating not only my food preferences but also my blog quite a bit recently. I put a fair amount of time into most of my posts, so it completely makes me happy to hear when other people enjoy them. (I love comments!)

So I was pretty psyched to hear that Genevieve from Vanilla & Spice nominated me for the Liebster Awards. What's that you- and I - ask?

It's a way to recognize blogs that you like that are new or somewhat less recognized (ie ones that don't have thousands of Facebook followers- I think the ones I chose don't....).
I thought I'd pass along the love! Here are my little Liebsters:
  1. Fork & Beans- Humorous and fun. I'm wowed by what she makes, particularly all the vegan candy!
  2. That's So Vegan - First off (like Fork & Beans) I just plain love the name. In addition to the recipes.  
  3. Vanilla & Spice- Beautiful photos, and recipes I want to eat. Vegspiration source!
  4. Lux Hippie - In addition to yummy food, I love the travel pics.
  5. Kabocha Fashionista- I love her open and truthful blogging, injections of fashion, and of course, all the kabocha squash!
I have more blogs I like posted here.

Here's info for the Liebsters:
To accept the Liebster Blog Award nomination:

  • Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
  • Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
  • Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
  • Reveal your 5 blog picks.
  • Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.

And can I just say I love how so many blogs I've been checking out have all posted recently about their new cookbooks they got over the holidays?! I love my new cookbook, Vegan Yum Yum, but now I'm getting a little jealous. Might have to buy some more. I already ordered Veganomicon and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, so I'm gonna have to hold back for a little bit.... must... resist.... buying... more....! Like others, I have resolved to use more of my cookbooks.

But- if anyone has some must-have vegan book ideas (including ones more generally about the lifestyle, farming practices and ethics, etc) I'd love to hear about them. I'm loving vegan life so far but I feel like there's still more to learn - which I'm looking forward to!

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! What a total honor this is--thank you for the kind words, K! And from a fellow Vizsla lover too--even better! :)
    I'm pining after Vegan Yum Yum's cookbook--I think you just inspired me to get it. And since you are talking about Isa, you *have* to get Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, if you don't already have it. Your friends are going to be begging to go vegan :) Now if you will excuse me, I have cookbook shopping to do ... xo, Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much for those nice comments! Isn't it fun to be able to give and receive recognition? I love hearing about people's favourite cookbooks too...Veganomicon was also on my Christmas list. I think I have to hold off on getting more for now - I haven't even finished reading all the way through Vegan Planet yet!

    If you want to read more about veganism, I would recommend taking some books out of the library instead...I've read Alicia Silverstone's book, and I think the Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook has lots of environmental info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I do have the cupcakes one... I'm actually going to make some this weekend for a baby shower. And I think I will check out the library, that's a good tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! What an honor :)
    As far as cookbooks go, I absolutely love Big Vegan which I just got for Christmas (I wrote a little bit about it on my latest blog post) and The Joy of Vegan Baking. The second one in particular I know has an introduction that talks a lot about the ethics on veganism,

    ReplyDelete

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!