So I was pretty psyched to hear that Genevieve from Vanilla & Spice nominated me for the Liebster Awards. What's that you- and I - ask?
It's a way to recognize blogs that you like that are new or somewhat less recognized (ie ones that don't have thousands of Facebook followers- I think the ones I chose don't....).
- Fork & Beans- Humorous and fun. I'm wowed by what she makes, particularly all the vegan candy!
- That's So Vegan - First off (like Fork & Beans) I just plain love the name. In addition to the recipes.
- Vanilla & Spice- Beautiful photos, and recipes I want to eat. Vegspiration source!
- Lux Hippie - In addition to yummy food, I love the travel pics.
- Kabocha Fashionista- I love her open and truthful blogging, injections of fashion, and of course, all the kabocha squash!
Here's info for the Liebsters:
To accept the Liebster Blog Award nomination:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
- Reveal your 5 blog picks.
- Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.
And can I just say I love how so many blogs I've been checking out have all posted recently about their new cookbooks they got over the holidays?! I love my new cookbook, Vegan Yum Yum, but now I'm getting a little jealous. Might have to buy some more. I already ordered Veganomicon and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, so I'm gonna have to hold back for a little bit.... must... resist.... buying... more....! Like others, I have resolved to use more of my cookbooks.
But- if anyone has some must-have vegan book ideas (including ones more generally about the lifestyle, farming practices and ethics, etc) I'd love to hear about them. I'm loving vegan life so far but I feel like there's still more to learn - which I'm looking forward to!