Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July Treats

A bit late on my fourth of July post, but we are getting ready for a move around here so it's been busy! I made a slew of vegan treats to take to a BBQ for the 4th, and they were a total hit (especially, as usual, the cupcakes). Read on for the details!


Here were my party contributions:
  • An appetizer version of Pineapple Coconut Baked Tofu
  • Mint, lime, avocado, cucumber and asparagus skewers (totally easy, refreshing, and healthy! just skewer it up!)
  • Vanilla cupcakes with fruit and a sugar glaze topping
  • Coconut lime cupcakes with a lime buttercream frosting

Both of the cupcakes were from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World- LOVED the coconut lime. I did 2 variations: since some people don't like shredded coconut, I left that out of 1/2 of the cupcake batter and 1/2 of the frosting. (Personally, I think they are better with it, but the variation pleased everyone!) 

Make pretty flowers with fruit by using almond slices!
Hope everyone had a fun 4th filled with delicious food and good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!