This crisp green bean salad is easy, delicious, and healthy. That's my triple threat for recipe favorites ;-)
- ~1 lb fresh string green beans, ends trimmed
- ~1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 avocado, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the green beans and ~ 1 Tbsp of water and cover. Steam for about 2-3 minutes. You want the beans to still be a little crisp.
- Allow green beans to cool. Add the walnuts, cranberries, and sea salt. Chill in fridge and just prior to serving add the avocado.
For a warm version, you could sub the avocado for sauteed apple pieces. Or try adding pomegranete seeds or golden raisins instead of the cranberries. Easy-peasy!