Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding


Spotted this recipe for vegan pumpkin chocolate pudding, and the pumpkin was enough to push me over the edge and go for it. I had to try vegan pudding for the first time.

Recipe adapted from Healthy Food for Living.


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 block silken tofu
  • 1/2 small ripe avocado
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup, or maple-flavored agave
  • 1 Tbsp agave syrup for added sweetness
  • Tbsp coconut butter (note: coconut oil=coconut butter if the temp is right, basically!)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Blend all together well in a food processor and chill in the fridge. Optional: sprinkle with instant espresso powder, as in first picture.




This came out a little grainy/chalky tasting, so see notes on potential edits to this recipe my "Adventures in Veganizing" post. In addition to being a dessert, given the tofu base, this could also be a breakfast or snack item- I actually enjoyed this more having a few spoonfuls in a bowl of strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!