Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pumpkin scones: made!

I made these harvest pumpkin scones today, and they are yummy!

Some recommendations: they have a good consistency and are not dry, but I think they could maybe be even a little moister. Might add slightly more pumpkin next time.

Also, I used crystallized ginger only b/c my store didn't have cinnamon chips, but next time I am definitely not skipping the chips! The ones I made are good, but need a little something. I'd also recommend trying dried fruit- golden raisins, cranberries, and dates, and figs would all go nicely in these scones.

I like cutting the scones smaller than the recipe calls for (yielded somewhere around 20 scones), so cooking time was only about 16 minutes for my more petite scones.

Definitely worth trying. The pumpkin flavor is nice- reminds me slightly of fall, but isn't so overwhelming that they can't be made any time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments-drop me a line if you're stopping by!